How to peel kaki and whether you should do it at all?
Kaki These fruits are native to China and Japan. Another name under which we can meet this fruit is Persimmon.
These fruits are characterized by many health properties, such as:
- In Chinese medicine infusion of kaki leaves helps to reduce blood pressure or blood clotting
- Lowers cholesterol
- has proven anti-cancer properties
- contains many vitamins such as vitamin A, E, K, C
What flavor is persimmon? Kaki has very similar taste to plum. They are also often commonly called „exotic plum”.
Many of us choose not to buy this fruit due to the fact that they do not know how to peel the kaki. It is nothing complicated.
Peeling kaki literally takes 5 minutes, so it is a very quick process and does not require much manual skill.
Peeling the kaki fruit
So how to peel kaki? There are two ways:
How to peel kaki? The first way
- We take the kaki and rinse it under running water. After washing, wipe them gently with a paper towel. When the fruit is dry, use two fingers to grasp the kaki leaves, if any, and twist to pull them out. They should be able to be pulled out without any problem. Then cut the persimmon into four pieces. After slicing, we cut or scoop out the white core with a spoon. Now you can peel the skin gently with your fingers or use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
How to peel kaki? Method two
- Take the fruit and wash it under running water. Dry with a paper towel and then cut off the upper part with a leaf. Then we take a spoon and eat the fruit similarly to kiwifruit.
Kaki can be eaten raw, are often used as an ingredient in jams and preserves, and when dried taste similar to…figs.
Do not eat the peel off the fruit, because it is hard to digest and can cause stomach pains.